Paua shell Egyptian Ankh pendant, on 18" trace chain.
Hypoallergenic Jewellery - Our jewellery is finished in a high quality imitation rhodium plate, meaning it is not only hardwearing but also nickel, cadmium and lead compliant
Sustainably Sourced Shell - We respect the environment and our jewellery uses shell gathered using environmentally responsible methods from sustainable sources
- SUPERB QUALITY and craftsmanship, Shell is inlaid BY HAND.
- RHODIUM is a metal of SIMILAR VALUE TO PLATINUM and we plate our jewellery with it to PROTECT IT FROM TARNISHING.
- PAUA = the worlds' MOST COLOURFUL natural shells are only found around New Zealand. IRIDESCENT, so the colour changes when viewed at different angles.
- TOTALLY NATURAL, so no two shells are identical.
- COSTUME/FASHION JEWELLERY suitable for women, teenagers and girls for any occasion.
Paua (Haliotis iris) is one of the enduring symbols of life in New Zealand.
Paua shells in New Zealand have an amazing array of colours as a result of their seaweed diet.
Paua or abalone are found around the globe, but nowhere else does the paua shell have the iridiscent blues, greens, pinks and deep purples as those found in New Zealand waters. These colours, sometimes likened to opals, are a result of the diet of the paua. These ancient molluscs graze on brown and red algae and bladder kelp, which furnish their colourful shell complexion.